Friday, January 11, 2013

Ya ever feel like beating someone within an inch of their life?

I know this is very wrong. But I have two uncles(Mom's brother's) that are simply killing my grandma. My grandma is 84 years old. She lives at an assisted living center in an independent apartment. My older uncle has an apartment in Memphis that he pays sky high rent for BUT stays with my grandma most of the time. Her apartment is tiny(perfect size for her though) and he clutters it to the point you can't even walk throught it. She has to step over his messes to get from room to room. I fear she is going to fall and break a hip and never come home from the hospital. I've had too many relatives this has happened to. They go in with high spirits, have the surgery, but afterwards they forget who we are and go downhill...next thing we know we are burying them. We all know he has mental problems and he needs help, but he was layed off over a year ago and his unemployment has run out, so he isn't able to seek help. I just want to shake him! I don't think he can function on his own. He has always lived with my grandma. I worry what he will do when she's gone. But she is still here and having to deal with all this in the last years of her life! I understand being mentally ill is very hard(I'm on disability for it!) but you shouldn't punish others for it. I believe he should move to a group home(he would qualify).

My younger uncle(50 years old) is addicted to marijuana and crack cocaine. I understand firsthand about drug and alcohol addiction as I've been there but I'm in recovery now. I understand the delusional thinking that comes with addiction. You don't realize the damage you are doing to your family and friends not to mention yourself. He has gone through periods of recovery but always relapses. I love him very much as I do my other uncle. He has a great heart but his addictions have him out of control...in and out of jail, court costs,etc. The biggest issue with this is that he goes to my grandma's EVERYDAY begging for money and it wears her down so much but she gives it to him anyway just to have peace. She has been trying to ignore his calls and even not answer the door when he comes knocking. She told him today that one reason she is doing this is because she wants him to realize what ti will be like when she's gone. He lives with a woman that is the most selfish human being I know. She is also a drug addict. When he is in jail she still calls begging my grandma for money. It just tears Mae(grandma) apart. She worries that if she doesn't help him, he'll wind up on the street. Plus she worries herself sick that both of them will end up homeless once she's gone.

Anyhow,if you happen to read this, please say a prayer for my sweet grandma. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment